Volunteer Work Description
The translation of print to spoken language.
- Plan and prepare for effective presentation of material prior to the recording session.
- Present the text accurately and intelligibly during the recording session.
- Ensure that all announcements, footnotes, and formats are handled according to established criteria.
- Successful completion of the audition process.
- Ability to read print materials with facility.
- Ability to listen effectively.
- Ability to use a dictionary and other reference materials.
- Good command of the American English language.
- High degree of self-discipline, self-motivation, and thoroughness
- Broad literacy background helpful.
Individual training in recording process
Minimum six-month commitment/2 hours per week
Coordinator of Volunteers