Friends of the Wolfner Library
Who are the Friends of Wolfner Library?
In 1985, a concerned group of patrons met to discuss ways to help Missouri's Wolfner Talking Book and Braille Library. The result of the meeting was the incorporation of the Friends of the Wolfner Library and the formal organization of one of the library's most valuable assets...Friends....
What is the mission of the Friends of Wolfner Library?
- To promote public awareness of the library.
- To raise funds to improve and enhance the library.
How do the Friends of the Wolfner Library accomplish their mission?
- Accept gifts, bequests, and memorials to help the library.
- Develop projects to improve the library's services.
- Promote the library's services statewide.
- Provide regular meetings to acquaint Friends with other patrons, the library's staff and services.
- Recognize the work of library volunteers and supporters.
- Sponsor the library's summer reading program for children.
Are donations tax-deductible?
The Friends of Wolfner Library is a not-for-profit, tax exempt organization; thus, membership dues and contributions to the Friends are tax-deductible.
For more information about the Friends, or to obtain an application form to join the Friends, contact the Friends of Wolfner Library, P.O. Box 440147, St. Louis, MO 63144-0147.