WHEREAS, the United States Department of the Interior has promulgated certain regulations, including 36 C.F.R. Part 61, which requires the designation by the Governor of a State Historic Preservation Officer and the establishment of a State Historical Review Board to comply with the provisions of the National Historic Preservation Act of 1966, as amended (16 U.S.C. Section 460 et seq.); and
WHEREAS, the Omnibus State Reorganization Act of 1974 authorizes the Governor to create by Executive Order such councils as may be necessary to receive funds and to make such adjustments or modifications as may be necessary to conform with federal law or regulations to receive federal funds; aid
WHEREAS, Reorganization Plan 9 of 1980, by Executive Order 79-24, was duly implemented; and
WHEREAS, by Executive Order 81-11, certain changes were made in the structure of the Missouri Advisory Council on Historic Preservation; and
WHEREAS, additional changes are necessary and desirable in the structure of the Missouri Advisory Council on Historic Preservation.
NOW, THEREFORE, I, JOHN ASHCROFT, GOVERNOR OF THE STATE OF MISSOURI, do hereby declare and direct the following:
1. The director of the Missouri Department of Natural Resources is hereby designated as the State Historic Preservation Officer and shall have all the powers, duties and responsibilities as provided by 36 C.F.R. Part 61 for that office.
2. The Missouri Advisory Council on Historic Preservation hereafter shall consist of twelve persons, to be appointed by the Governor. Members of said council shall serve without compensation, other than for expenses incurred. The membership of the Missouri Advisory Council on Historic Preservation shall be as provided in 36 C.F.R. Part 61.4 (as may be amended form time to time) and shall consist of persons having expertise and knowledge in the fields of history, historic and prehistoric archaeology, architectural history, architecture, and economic and community development, as well as non professional members with a demonstrated interest in historic preservation. The members of said council shall be appointed for a term of four years except that one-fourth of the members first appointed under this order shall be appointed for a term of four years; one-fourth shall be appointed for a term of three years; one-fourth shall be appointed for a term of two years; and one-fourth shall be appointed for a term of one year.
3. The Missouri Advisory Council on Historic Preservation shall meet at least quarterly and may adopt bylaws to govern its operations which bylaws must be consistent with all applicable federal rules and regulations.
4. The Missouri Advisory Council on Historic Preservation shall have all the powers, duties and responsibilities provided by federal law and the rules and regulations for such board including, but not limited to, the following:
(a) Reviewing and approving each national register nomination prior to submission to the national register; and,
(b) Reviewing each completed state historic preservation plan as developed by the State Historic Preservation Officer prior to its submission to the Secretary of the United States Department of the Interior; and,
(c) Providing general advice, guidance, and professional recommendations to the State Historic Preservation Officer in conducting the comprehensive statewide survey, preparing the State Historic Preservation Plan, carrying out any grants-in-aid program, and carrying out the other duties and responsibilities of the State Historic Preservation officer;
Provided, however, that the Council shall perform no administrative function other than the administration of the internal affairs of the Council.
5. This Order shall take effect immediately and shall supersede and be in lieu of all previous Executive Orders pertaining to the same subject.
|IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand and caused to be affixed the Great Seal of the State of Missouri, in the City of Jefferson, on this 4th day of August, 1986.|
|[John Ashcroft's signature]||GOVERNOR|
[Roy D. Blunt's signature]
SECRETARY OF STATE
Governor's Executive Orders documents are available on this website in the .pdf format. In order to view or print them, you must have Adobe Reader installed on your computer. To download a free copy of Adobe Reader, click on the icon below.
NOTE: If you are experiencing problems opening PDFs using IE8, please place the mouse over the selected PDF, right-click then select Open in New Tab or Open in New Window.