WHEREAS, as Governor of the State of Missouri, I, CHRISTOPHER S. BOND, desire to enhance and maintain the quality of life of the children and youth of our state; and
WHEREAS, there is a need to encourage and coordinate services to the children and youth of Missouri;
NOW, THEREFORE, I, CHRISTOPHER S. BOND, GOVERNOR OF THE STATE OF MISSOURI, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and laws of the State of Missouri, do hereby order and establish the Governor's Committee on Children and Youth, to be coordinated by the Missouri Department of Social Services.
FURTHER, I declare that the Committee shall have the following responsibilities:
- To make recommendations to departments of state government with respect to policies and programs relating to needs of children and youth;
- To make recommendations regarding legislation designed to meet the unique needs of children and youth;
- To make recommendations to the Governor regarding the needs of children and youth;
- 4. To enlist the support of state and local officials, individual citizens, civic groups, professional associations and voluntary organizations in an effort to improve services offered to children and youth;
- To enlist the support of physicians, dentists, educators and other professionals in an effort to promote quality services for children and youth;
- To conduct conferences and workshops designed to improve services for children and youth; and,
- To collect and disseminate information about children and youth throughout the state.
The Governor shall appoint the members of the Committee (one of whom will be designated chairperson). Members shall serve at the pleasure of the Governor and shall be broadly representative of the public and private segments of the state who have an active interest in and knowledge of children and youth service needs in Missouri.
The members shall serve without compensation except that they may receive reasonable and necessary expenses incurred in the discharge of their duties. The Missouri Department of Social Services shall provide appropriate support to assure implementation of this Executive Order.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I hereunto set my hand and cause to be affixed the Great Seal of the State of Missouri, in the City of Jefferson, this 8th day of September, 1981.
[Christopher S. Bond's signature]
[James Kirkpatrick's signature]
SECRETARY OF STATE
Governor's Executive Orders documents are available on this website in the .pdf format. In order to view or print them, you must have Adobe Reader installed on your computer. To download a free copy of Adobe Reader, click on the icon below.
NOTE: If you are experiencing problems opening PDFs using IE8, please place the mouse over the selected PDF, right-click then select Open in New Tab or Open in New Window.