By virtue of the authority vested in me by Sections 26.500 through 26.540, RSMo 1978, I, CHRISTOPHER S. BOND, GOVERNOR OF THE STATE OF MISSOURI, do hereby proclaim the following reorganization order:
WHEREAS, the transfer of the division of Veterans' Affairs from the Department of Social Services to the Department of Public Safety will result in more efficient operation of State government; and
WHEREAS, Reorganization Plan No. 3 of 1981 was submitted to the first regular session of the Eighty-first General Assembly on the 4th day of February, 1981, and not disapproved within sixty days thereafter;
NOW, THEREFORE, IT IS ORDERED THAT the following plan of reorganization shall take effect on September 28, 1981 and shall be published together with the laws adopted by the Eighty-first General Assembly in its first regular session:
- The division of Veterans' Affairs as provided in Chapter 42, RSMO 1978, shall be transferred to the Department of Public Safety, Office of the Adjutant General, by a type I transfer (as defined in the Omnibus State Reorganization Act of 1974).
- The power to appoint a Director and determine salary, as provided in Section 42.010, RSMo 1978, shall be transferred to the Adjutant General.
- The power to appoint members of the Veterans' Board as provided in Section 42.055, RSMo 1978, shall be transferred to the Adjutant General. Present members of the Veterans' Board shall continue to serve until expiration of their duly appointed terms.
- The power to make rules and regulations as provided in Section 42.100(3), RSMo 1978, shall be transferred to the Adjutant General.
- The power to approve the sale of real or personal property in Section 42.115, RSMo 1978, shall be transferred to the Adjutant General.
- No provision of this Reorganization Plan shall be construed to remove any position of employment from coverage under the provisions of "The State Merit System Law" in effect on the effective date of this plan.
- All the powers set forth by statute now vested in the Director of the Department of Social Services relating to the Division of Veterans' Affairs or the Missouri Veterans' Home shall be transferred in each case by type I transfer to the Adjutant General.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand and caused to be affixed the Great Seal of the State of Missouri, in the City of Jefferson, on the day 28th of August, 1981.
[Christopher S. Bond's signature]
[James Kirkpatrick's signature]
SECRETARY OF STATE
Governor's Executive Orders documents are available on this website in the .pdf format. In order to view or print them, you must have Adobe Reader installed on your computer. To download a free copy of Adobe Reader, click on the icon below.
NOTE: If you are experiencing problems opening PDFs using IE8, please place the mouse over the selected PDF, right-click then select Open in New Tab or Open in New Window.