Download the Employment Application
To our applicants with disabilities: If you need assistance with this or any phase of the employment process, please contact our Human Resource Office at (573) 522-6254. Reasonable attempts will be made to accommodate your needs.
$24,780 – $27,672/ annually
Jefferson City, Missouri
Business Services Division
This employee has contact with state employees, officials of other agencies, and the general public. This position directly reports to the Corporations Supervisor.
Job Functions and/or General Responsibilities:
This employee is responsible for the various limited liability company, limited partnership, limited liability partnership and limited liability limited partnership filings within the Corporations Division. Therefore, this person is required to gain a working knowledge of several different chapters of Missouri Statutes as they relate to these business entities and filings. Most tasks will require the use of a PC (including Windows and Microsoft Word) and the filing software known as System Works. This employee also answers telephone inquiries on a regular basis and assists walk-in customers. The lead filings include certified, photo and authenicated copies. Backup for new corporations and new LLCs.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently while maintaining accuracy and an attention to detail processing business transactions and filings.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with coworkers, agency officials, the general public, and others.
- Must be flexible and well organized in order to accomplish the assigned tasks expediently and with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions, procedures, and policies.
- Must be willing to accept additional responsibilities as assigned and to assist in other areas as shifting work loads require.
- Ability to clearly communicate with the public, in person or by telephone.
- Must be self motivated and conversant in numerous statutory sections of corporate law.
- Proficient with the use of a personal computer and Microsoft Office software.
High School diploma or equivalent is required. College graduate with a degree in a business related field is preferred. Experience in customer service or working with the public preferred. Relevant work experience may be substituted for the educational requirement.
The minimum posting period will end August 22, 2014. After the minimum posting period, the position may be closed to new applicants and filled at any time.
Application materials (resume, completed application) may be mailed to: Attention: Technician II, Human Resources, Office of the Secretary of State, P.O. Box 1767. Jefferson City, MO 65102. Hrmain@sos.mo.gov. EOE