Download the Employment Application
To our applicants with disabilities: If you need assistance with this or any phase of the employment process, please contact our Human Resource Office at (573) 522-6254. Reasonable attempts will be made to accommodate your needs.
Office Support Assistant (Keyboarding)
$1,817 to 2,054/month
James C. Kirkpatrick State Information Center
600 West Main St.
Jefferson City, MO 65101
Business Services Division
Under the general supervision of the Corporation Section Supervisor, the scanning station operator converts microfilm or paper documents to digital images, ability to enter information into a database and coordinate maintenance work for equipment.
Job Functions and General Responsibilities:
- Converts visual and textual records into electronic images using an imaging system.
- Creates digital images from microfilm or paper files.
- Conducts quality assurance tests to ensure digital images meet the Corporation Section standards.
- Performs routine maintenance to ensure equipment functions properly.
- Appends to or corrects information in a database as needed.
- Operates standard office equipment.
- Follows the Corporation Section policies' and procedures to create quality images.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by the Corporation Section Supervisor or the Director of Corporations.
- Establishes and maintains filing systems; prepares records for storage and/or archiving.
- Maintains daily production statistics.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Intermediate knowledge of office practices, procedures, and equipment.
- Ability to operate computerized equipment such as scanners, microfilm machines, and microfilm readers with speed and accuracy.
- Possess better than average typing skills.
- Possess excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Corporation Section Supervisor, co-workers and other staff members.
- Ability to determine when incomplete or inaccurate information requires further investigation.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions, procedures, and policies.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong task orientation.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience with micrographic and scanning equipment desirable.
Position posted June 12, 2013. The minimum posting period will end June 26, 2013. After the minimum posting period, the position may be closed to new applicants and filled at any time.
Application materials (cover letter, resume, completed application) may be mailed to: Attention: Office Support Assistant (Keyboarding), Human Resources, Office of the Secretary of State, P.O. Box 1767, Jefferson City, MO 65101. EOE.