Library Services & Technology Act (LSTA) Grant Programs
- Grant Writing and Management Manual
- Missouri Five-Year State Plan 2013-2017
- Missouri Five-Year State Plan 2008-2012
- Missouri Five-Year State Plan 2008-2012 Evaluation Summary
- Missouri State FY2014 LSTA Project Plan
- Missouri State FY2013 LSTA Project Plan
- Missouri State FY2012 LSTA Project Plan
- Missouri State FY2011 LSTA Project Plan
- Missouri State FY2010 LSTA Project Plan
- Missouri State FY2009 LSTA Project Plan
Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA)
Secretary of State Jason Kander and State Librarian Barbara Reading are pleased to offer Missouri libraries several opportunities to improve library service through the use of federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds. These grants are based on LSTA priorities and Missouri State Library goals as approved in our LSTA five-year and state fiscal year project plans.
A list of grant opportunities for the next round of grants is below. Please note application deadlines and project grant periods for the programs you are considering. Applications are welcome from public, academic, special, institutional and public school libraries in Missouri, although all grants are not available to all institutions. The LSTA Grant Application Schedule for the next year is attached so you can plan your grant application schedule. Please check individual grants posted and see the enclosed “Definitions” page to determine your library’s eligibility.
Libraries should be aware that accepting an LSTA grant may require compliance with the Federal Children’s Internet Protection Act (CIPA). CIPA compliance will depend on the specific use of the LSTA funds awarded. If CIPA compliance is required, a grant recipient must certify that it has a policy of Internet safety that includes the operation of a technology protection measure (filter) with respect to any of the recipient’s computers with Internet access. The nature of the certification depends upon the type of library making application.
For more information regarding these program opportunities for your library, contact Debbie Musselman, LSTA Grants Officer, at (573) 526-6734 or (800) 325-0131.
Trying to decide which grant will be the best for your Project?
Take a look at our grants table that indicates the grant priority and the type of library that is qualified for each grant program.
How and when to apply?
Summer Library Program Grant Application – Due November 15, 2013
Library Service Improvement Letter of Intent – Due November 15, 2013
Technology Mini Grant Application DOC –Due January 7, 2014
Technology Ladder –Due January 29, 2014
Digital Imaging –Due January 29, 2014
Spotlight on Literacy –Due January 30, 2014
LSTA Online Forms
- Assurances - Non-Construction Programs
- Business Entity Certification, Enrollment Documentation and Affidavit of Work Authorization
- Certifications Regarding: Nondiscrimination; Debarment and Suspension; Drug-Free Workplace; Federal Debt Status; Lobbying; and Trafficking in Persons
- Internet Safety Certification
- LSTA Grant Payment Summary Form - Not applicable for Show Me Steps grants
- Procurement Certification Form
- Request for LSTA Grant Amendment
LSTA Grant Management Resources
- eReader Exploration Grant Management
- Nonfiction Collection Makeover Grant Management
- Summer Library Program Grant Management
- Summer Reading Program Collection Development Grant
- Technology Mini-Grant Grant Management
Other LSTA-Related Resources
- Affidavit of Work Authorization Annual Renewal Process
- Digital Imaging Grant Letter of Intent
- Institute of Museum and Library Services Grantee Communications Kit
- Metadata Creation Guidelines
- Minimum Specifications for Computer Equipment
- Perspectives on Outcome Based Evaluation for Libraries
- Policy on Indirect Rate for Contracts and Grants
- Shaping Outcomes
- All Digital Imaging Grants Awarded to Date: July 1, 2013
- LSTA Grants Awarded April 2013
- LSTA Grants Awarded March 2013
- LSTA Grants Awarded February 2013
- LSTA Grants Awarded January 2013
- eReader Exploration Grants Awarded June 2012
- LSTA Grants Awarded August 2012
- LSTA Grants Awarded May and June 2012
- LSTA Grants Awarded April 2012
- LSTA Grants Awarded March 2012
- LSTA Grants Awarded January 2012
- LSTA Grants Awarded August 2011
- LSTA Grants Awarded July 2011
- LSTA Grants Awarded June 2011
- LSTA Grants Awarded March 2011
- Targeted Collection Development Grants Awarded February 2011
- LSTA Grants Awarded January 2011
- LSTA Grants Awarded August 2010
- Targeted Collection Development Grants Awarded June 2010
- LSTA Grants Awarded June 2010
- LSTA Grants Awarded April 2010
- LSTA Grants Awarded March 2010
- LSTA Grants Awarded January 2010
[ return to top ]
State Library Grant Programs documents are available on this website in the .pdf format. In order to view or print them, you must have Adobe Reader installed on your computer. To download a free copy of Adobe Reader, click on the icon below.
NOTE: If you are experiencing problems opening PDFs using IE8, please place the mouse over the selected PDF, right-click then select Open in New Tab or Open in New Window.