The Missouri State Library supports libraries statewide through continuing education programs and the development of services, activities, and resource sharing among all types of libraries.
Library Development staff:
- Plan continuing education for library employees and library trustees
- Assist libraries in evaluating and planning for service improvements
- Administer grants to support library and patron services
- Develop, plan, and implement statewide projects for resource sharing, electronic access, and digitization of cultural heritage materials
- Collect statistics and conduct surveys to assess the status of library services
- Help Missourians make effective use of census information