Download the Employment Application
To our applicants with disabilities: If you need assistance with this or any phase of the employment process, please contact our Human Resource Office at (573) 522-6254. Reasonable attempts will be made to accommodate your needs.
$2841 – $3002 / month
James C. Kirkpatrick State Information Center
600 West Main St.
Jefferson City, MO 65101
- Respond to telephone and written inquiries from local election authorities, candidates, and the general public.
- Be familiar with Missouri statutes dealing with election issues, especially Chapter 115 and 116, RSMo, and with federal election laws.
- Work extensively with local election authorities, statewide elected officials, and members of the legislature, assisting them in elections-related matters.
- Coordinate and assist with election night reporting, petition filings, candidate filing, and candidate certification.
- Assumes primary responsibility for processing and handling of paperwork associated with petitions and coordinate this process with the General Counsel
- Research statistical data and information to be utilized in preparing written materials.
- Perform other duties as assigned by, the Elections Director or Elections Counsel.
- Knowledge of Missouri's election laws preferred but not required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with local election authorities and the general public.
- Must be detail oriented and have the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to utilize a variety of desktop software and/or Internet formatting languages.
- Ability to write effectively and produce a variety of informational materials.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and previous experience in the legal field would be considered a plus.
Education and Experience:
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university required or the equivalent combination of education and experience in elections, financial or legal analysis or government
Position posted September 4, 2013. The minimum posting period will end September 13, 2013. After the minimum posting period, the position may be closed to new applicants and filled at any time.
Application materials (cover letter, resume, completed application) may be mailed to: Attention: Elections Specialist, Human Resources, Office of the Secretary of State, P.O. Box 1767, Jefferson City, MO 65102.Hrmain@sos.mo.gov. EOE.